Saturday, December 02, 2006

No Pain No Gain
Ack so I went to the gym today. I wanted to catch the "Dancer's Workout" aerobics class. I was 2 minutes late but that's fine. I was expecting an easy hip hop class but what I got was a weird ballet/yoga class. It was a good workout but not what I was expecting.

After the 30 minute class I decided to run a mile. I was doing great. The BEP's song "Pump It" came on my iPod and I was jammin'. I got to about 3/4 of the way when I started to feel funny. I had felt this feeling before in Philadelphia, when I almost passed out. GREAAAT. I was getting dizzy and nauseous. I tried to slow down and regulate my heart rate but I could see I was fading fast. I stopped the treadmill, grabbed my stuff and sat down on the side of the treadmill. I was there for a bit until I had access to the water fountain. I got a drink of water, rushed my way to the benches and laid out on the bench. I was fine after a few minutes. I went home.

I think I have been dehydrated and that's what caused the episode. I also drank coffee before and I think that made it worse. So, that was fun. It felt good for those 3 minutes I was running to "Pump It" though. I will probably be sore tomorrow because that class made me do things that my body wasn't used to. Oh well at least I got back on that horse. I still haven't lost any weight, but I guess that's fine. At least I haven't gained any.

1 comment:

Darth said...

You should just play dance dance revolution instead. It's the workout you want, and the fun you need!