Monday, December 11, 2006

The highlight of my day...

I got home from a tiring and frustrating day on the interview trail and checked my real mail. There was an envelope from some random person in Chino Hills. Puzzled, I proceeded to open the envelope. Inside was a check I had made out to my dad for a hefty sum of money when he left on Thanksgiving and subsequently lost, and a note which read:

"I found this check at the airport(LAX) and I'm sending it back to you guys. Any question, you can write to me at the address in front. Thanks, God bless you."

How freakin' great is that? It's good to know that there are still people out there who care like that; Care enough to take time out of their day to write a note, put a stamp on an envelope and send it back.

Why my day was so frustrating...

1. I triple checked when I set my alarm, if the time was right, if the alarms were on. I even set TWO alarms. I had to get up at 4:45 which would allow me ample time (2 hours) to get to Long Beach for my interview. What time did I wake up? 6am!!!

2. Traffic up the ass on my way there....Traffic up the ass on my way back.

3. The interview (I felt) did not go well and not just because I was late. It really didn't even seem like a big deal that I was late. I mean I felt all flustered for the first hour or so, but I calmed down. I just didn't feel like I was wanted there. I guess I'm a high maintenance interviewee eh?

No comments: