Wednesday, November 22, 2006

TRAFFIC!!!

I have realized and now must accept that traffic is constant in Southern California. It's gotten worse over the last couple of years, especially in the Inland Empire because of all the growth and construction in the area. I am currently living in Glendale and having to take the I-5 everyday to work.
Realization #1: there is always traffic on the I-5 regardless of time. I've been on the 5 at 7am, 830am, 12pm, 530pm, 7pm and my average speed was about 15-30 mph. Doesn't that sound like fun?
Realization #2: This isn't so much a realization as solidification of a previous fact. The I-10 is pure crap. It's very similar to the I-5 in that there is always traffic but I am likely to be on it more often and for a longer period of time than I ever would the 5. Time rules are similar to the 5 but not as bad.
Realization #3: It has started to invade the 210. The 210 was built a few years ago, maybe more and it was my refuge from the 10 or the 60 for a while. Today I was saddened at how similar it looked to the 10--and this was at 2pm!
Realization #4: Both sides of the freeway (especially the 10 and the 5) now have rush hour. There is no "against the traffic" here.

There's nowhere to run. All the freeways in So Cal are plagued by traffic. It's all pretty depressing. One last bit of advice for people who don't already know....avoid the 91 at all cost!

1 comment:

Seeker said...

Illadelphia doesn't suck that bad!! well...we get rain and snow and ice....yeah...maybe it does. are the cars full or is it 1/2 ppl at the most? that might help, but really...how many ppl are going to the same place at the same time all the time. I really don't know what the solution is.....population thinning??? :P