Saturday, November 18, 2006

Grade: B-
I went to see this movie for 2 reasons:
1. The Harry Potter trailer for Order of the Phoenix premiered with this movie.
2. Those penguins just look so darned cute.

And they WERE cute. For the first half of this movie I laughed and gushed often at these singing, dancing penguins. The mix of their cute voices, appearance and funky covers of classic songs were very entertaining. The story dwindled in the second half. It seemed like the writers couldn't really figure out where to go from there. I understand the message they were trying to convey, but it really just seemed like there were two different stories in one movie. The ending was kind of bleh hence the minus.

As far as the HP trailer, I only caught the last half which looked AWESOME! I might be a bit biased cuz I'm a potterhead but it did look cool. I'm so dumb. I went into the theater early while my mom waited in line for popcorn, and then I LEFT briefly to see if she was ok and to get my sister. We walked into the theater....and it was playing! Drat! I was kind of grumpy but the movie cheered me up. I'm sure I'll be able to watch it on youtube soon.

No comments: