Thursday, April 14, 2005

today i had montclair clinic. it was a women's clinic tonight and i did my first "real" pap smear. i felt bad cuz i couldn't really find the cervix. and then when i was taking the specimen she started bleeding. poor thing. I'M SORRY i'm inexperienced! then my dumbass forgot to finish up with the patient so she was waiting in the room forever. i felt so bad. otherwise it was a cool night. the resident and the nurse said my notes were good :)

i had a first year following me. i hate it cuz i'm ok looking like a dumbass to the patient, but someone shadowing me vaguely knows what's going on. so there's all this pressure to know stuff cuz you're the 2nd year and should know this shit cuz you're about to go on rotations. bleh. i guess i just have to get used to looking like a dumbass cuz starting june 27th that's all i'll ever be looking like. wish me luck.

No comments: