Wednesday, November 07, 2007

(I could have sworn I blogged about HIMYM before, but I can't seem to find where....at any rate, here it is!)

How I Met Your Mother: the new "FRIENDS"...almost literally

This blog is basically a shout out to HIMYM. Rumor has it that it's in danger of being cancelled. First, I'd like to thank Brad and Christie for the intro to HIMYM. Secondly, I'd like to urge those of you who haven't seen this show to check it out.

I say "almost literally" because I have found certain subplots/storylines on HIMYM and FRIENDS. The only difference is that I can relate more to HIMYM than FRIENDS. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but the characters on HIMYM are more real to me. It may have something to do with the fact that I'm the same age now, but even when I watch reruns of FRIENDS it wasn't ever that realistic to me. An episode even gives a shout out to FRIENDS where they sit in a coffee house and try to see why it's so fun, only to conclude that sitting in a bar is so much cooler than a coffee house.

The writing on this show is great and all the actors have such great chemistry. The humor is very close to the humor I use in everyday life, which is sometimes dorky and most of the time immature hehe.


No comments: