Sunday, November 04, 2007

Brunch

Not sure how many of you know this but I'm a foodie. LOVE food. I was down in San Diego this weekend and was craving a Sunday brunch. My aunt suggested South Bay Fish and Grill which was priced at $22. I was looking for something under $20 but since it was so close and the menu looked pretty good, we decided to give it ago.

Pros: Although I discovered this at the end of the meal, the creme brulee is AMAZING. It's the best I've ever had, the second being from Yardhouse--yes, Yardhouse. mmm. The breakfast part of the menu was really good which included, lox and bagels, eggs benedict, and an omelette station. The clam chowder and dessert section were good as well.

Cons: Placement. They had a weird set up. The nacho chips were far away from the ceviche and the waffles were in the dessert section(which is why i didn't have any because I was too full!) . I did not enjoy the lunch part of the brunch. The prime rib was dry and tough, and the selection was not the greatest. The rice pilaf, veggie lasagna, and chicken picatta looked pretty ordinary. I also don't like it when buffet's don't have peeled shrimp. I would have also liked some mashed potatoes or some other kind of potato, but alas, there were just the breakfast potatoes. Finally, our waitress kinda sucked.

Conclusion: Thinking back on it, not sure if this buffet was worth the $22 dollars, but the creme brulee more than made up for all the cons listed. :)

No comments: