Friday, March 08, 2002

Well, I finally overcame my laziness AND have a reason to write in this thing. This summer I moved to Philadelphia to go do a Post-bacc/Graduate program at MCP Hahnemann. At that time my relationship with my ex-boyfriend Kyle blossomed and we got together in October. He would come to visit me and I'd go home. We saw each other at least every month. I don't think we were apart for more than 2 months. This time it's 3 months. I last saw him in January and I'm returning to CA for spring break on March 22. I love him to death and we've been through so much. It's going on 5 years since I fist met him and I never stopped loving him. You're waiting for the "but" right? So this period of time apart is starting to take it's toll on our relationship. It feels like we're getting further and further apart from each other and we don't even know why. My friends say that it is to be expected and as long as there's nothing fundamentally wrong with the relationship then everything should be fine. But we're not fine. We both hurt and are unhappy at how the situation is affecting our relationship. So IS there something wrong or is this a normal occurrence in a long distance relationships? I'm so confused right now. I am just trying to get by until I go home...but he brought up a very good point. What happens next year? I have to stay here for another year. Then what happens in the following years if/when he goes to law school and I get into medical school? I know we should focus on what's happening right now but what happens then if we're across the country and living totally separate lives which is similar to what we do now? We can't afford to visit each other all the time. The hopeless romantic in me can't help but think...we're meant for each other and we can work it out, we'll get through it. But the practical side of me is asking...well what if it doesn't?

These are the thoughts that are going through my head. I don't know who else to talk to, so if anyone can give me some insight on the plight of the couple in the long distance relationship please email me at rent79life@hotmail.com. I'm desparate. I know I'm probably overreacting and I should see what happens when I get home, but I'm a girl and we can't help but overanalyze and obsess over things.

No comments: