Sunday, February 10, 2008

Music

“Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." - Berthold Auerbach

“I have my own particular sorrows, loves, delights; and you have yours. But sorrow, gladness, yearning, hope, love, belong to all of us, in all times and in all places. Music is the only means whereby we feel these emotions in their universality. ~H.A. Overstreet

Lately, I've been going through some “drama,” we'll call it, for lack of a better word. I've also been needing to study and clean among other things. Thus, this past week I've been trying to get over the “drama,” I've studied a little bit and I've cleaned a little bit. All three things were catalyzed by one thing, MUSIC. I then realized the importance of music in my life.

No matter what I'm feeling or going through at a certain point in my life, I can usually find a song to describe my situation. One example would be my “Hmmm...I feel like going clubbing.” song and right now that is Low by Flo Rida featuring T. Pain. When I was in junior high, I would get into tiffs with my mom and I would blast Disarm by The Smashing Pumpkins. If I really need some cheering up, I usually listen to showtunes/musicals and sing along. And finally DANCING, one of the loves of my life is an interpretation of music, both of which are an interpretation of life. Likewise for this situation(s) I'm in at this time, there are songs to accompany it/them; a soundtrack of my life if you will. So, “thank you, music,” for getting me through the roller coaster that is my life.

“Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back on loneliness.” - Maya Angelou, Gather Together in My Name.

“Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.” ~Victor Hugo

1 comment:

Seeker said...

Shawty had them Apple Bottom Jeans (JEANS!)
Boots with the fur (With the fur!!)