Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Market Broiler

The fact that my family has been going to Market Broiler at the Ontario Mills Mall consistently for a couple of years now can attest to how freakin' fabulous this place is. What kept us coming was the Snow Crab that comes with this creamy butter sauce. Mixed with lemon, it is hands down THE best crab out there. It is always fresh and I've never had a bad crab in that place.

This year(or last year) they opened up the Kamiyama Sushi side to the restaurant only available in Ontario. We've tried a few rolls, including the Dragon roll, the Krunch roll and Tuna roll which are all available on the regular menu. On the Kamiyama Sushi menu, there was an albacore tuna roll I wanted to get. At the time I ordered it, they were out of all their tuna. So the chef made me this awesome roll with salmon for free. I don't know what it was called, but it was great and kudos to them for giving it to me for free. Talk about service!

Today, my mom's boyfriend took us out to dinner to Market Broiler for Valentine's day and I was definitely in for a pleasant surprise.


For appetizers we wanted to get a roll. We decided on the OC roll which had tuna(I can't remember), cream cheese, hints of wasabi, topped with panko and drizzled with sauce; OMG #1.




For entree, I decided to get the Duo platter with my staple, the Snow Crab and something new, the Hawaiian Glazed ribs. I'm not usually a rib person, but I had gone to Lucille's the previous weekend so I figured I'd try these out and OMG. The meat was practically falling off the rib and it was full of flavor; I didn't even need to add the hoisin sauce they provided.




My mom's boyfriend got the surf and turf with the NY steak and the King Crab, of which I had a bite and another OMG! I came into to the restaurant grumpy and left full and satisfied. Not only is the seafood there always a pleaser, but now I've discovered their non-seafood just as good! AWESOME!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm seriously sad posting at this hour, but let's just put that aside, to say... HOW FREAKIN LONG ARE YOU ON VACATION? While I have previously stated that I will DO NOTHING for my birthday, your blog plagues me and I MUST force everyone to the Market Broiler... FYI... Gameworks (one of my fav places) is right across the way, and/or we could totally catch an IMPROV show... which leads me to leave you with the fact ... that you should definately plan my birthday... *cough*cough* it's ON A SATURDAY.... March 1st.

In case you forgot. :-)

~nan