Friday, August 27, 2010

ROOTS

I've had the mini-series Roots queued on my Netflix for quite some time, and I finally got a chance to watch it. Amazing. I don't know if it's shown in schools nowadays. I don't remember watching it when I was in school, but I think this is something everyone in America should watch. It really gives you an idea of what happened back then. If you haven't watched it, watch it. It's long, but well worth the time.

That led me to thinking about genealogy, which was further fueled when I watched "Who Do You Think You Are" on NBC. The show follows celebrities who trace back their ancestry. I watched the Emmitt Smith episode, which was even more interesting after having watched "Roots." The other celebrities they follow this season are Matthew Broderick, Susan Sarandon, Sarah Jessica Parker and Lisa Kudrow.

I'll be travelling back to the Philippines in February and am wondering if I could at least trace a little bit of my history back since both my parents came from the same town. I wonder how good the archives are though. I know at least back to my great grandmother on my mother's side. So I've started constructing my family tree. It's kind of fun!

4 comments:

Stockton Calls said...

nice blog

Gary Berry said...

Fantastic photos! your blog is very interesting and beautifully written.

Sue them said...

Peculiar this blog is totaly unrelated to what I was searching for – - interesting to see you’re well indexed in the search engines.

buy names for business said...

Content is king. Good quality content drives traffic to our sites. Social booking sites like digg, delious ,xing etc are very useful . Web 2.0 sites play very important role
I think producing great quality content and then promoting these content on social channels can help you drive loads of traffic.
It seems like content is king when it comes to generating traffic as it always seems to be on lists like these. Im definately going to do more research on social bookmarking and directory submissions so thanks for sharing!
Social media is the backbone to any website
Yes High Quality content with social integration gives much more traffic. But Directory submission is new to hear. I wish to try. Thanks for the useful tips