Sunday, June 24, 2007

Hawaii 2007 Part III

15-18: Oahu continued

Friday was a jam-packed day. My dad took the day off so he took us around the island with the final destination at North Shore. On the way there, we stopped at the Chinaman Hat, Pipeline Beach(where the sandstorms hurt like hell), and Turtle Bay. The first stop at North Shore was Giovanni's Shrimp Truck, one of two in the area. The other must have at North Shore is Matsumoto's Shaved Ice where the shaved ice comes with ice cream and/or red bean at the bottom. I tried the Hawaiian(pineapple, coconut and banana) with ice cream on the bottom and condensed milk on top. Yum!

That night we met up with Ty and his co-worker Jeff for a night out in Honolulu. I guess the trick is to get there early when the cover is free, get your hand stamped and pick out which one is the best bar. Here, you can walk in an out of the bars/clubs as long as you have a stamp! While waiting for the clubs to get going, we got some drinks at the Yardhouse, and decided on Zanzibar's. By the end of the night we were thouroghly intoxicated and STARVING. We ended up at Ono's Cheesesteak where they import their bread straight from Philly! It was almost as good as a real Philly Cheesesteak. Heaven.


The next day was mine and Erwin's graduation party at the Dole Cannery. It was much fancier than I had expected; almost like a wedding. There was a sign in table, a DJ, drink tickets, prepared speeches, catered buffet with prime rib and bananas flambe. Afterwards we went to Ala Moana to buy some last minute gifts, came home and rested. At around 5pm, the BBQ started at my dad's house. Erwin's girlfriend, Natasha, brought over Dance Dance Revolution and it was all over. We spent the night drinking and playing DDR and Guitar Hero(particularly Sweet Child of Mine which is still stuck in my head!)

After an extremely eventful week, our last two days were very low key. Novette and I stayed at the house, while Ben and Maryann met up with Ty at Waikiki to surf/lay out. We made some carne asada nachos, packed, relaxed and played MORE guitar hero. I had a wonderful time and it was a great way to end my days off before I started residency.

Somehow, I got the feeling that someone didn't want me to leave.....

For more pictures click here: OAHU












No comments: