Tuesday, March 30, 2004

ok you guys know that Damita Jo by janet came out today right? if not WHY NOT?! HAHA so i have to rate it. let me start by saying that I read 2 reviews, one was a rolling stone one and the other was a random one off of the internet and both said she was "trying too hard" and they didn't give very good reviews. They said that it sounds confused like she's having an identity crisis. The album is pretty much trying to convey her 'real side.' The reviewers criticized that this 'real side' is really fake blah blah blah and that she's trying to encompass all of pop by having all these styles on her album. As a fan, and perhaps I may be a biased and unconditional fan even though i consider myself as a pretty fair judge...but i digress. I feel that this album is much like her other albums, in sound, layout, expression etc. The subtle difference is that she has other funky beats in there but it still stays true to herself and her style. It's not her best album, but it's good. I also like the fact that she doesn't have as many interludes in this one.
Damita Jo-Janet Jackson: solid-excellent(7.9-8)
Tracks to check out: Thinkin bout my Ex, Island Life, My baby...those are the three that stick out to me right now...i was studying while listening to the CD so yeah hehe. But I found myself bobbin my head to a lot of tracks...you know what that means??? lotsa dancing on the tour!!!!

No comments: