Thursday, November 16, 2006

Playstation 3
Release Date: 11/17/06
Retail Price: $499(Basic), $599(Premium)

I knew that the Playstation 3 was supposed to be released tomorrow and I had heard on the radio about people lining up to buy it. I did not expect to see this happen at my neighborhood Target. There were about 30 or so people lined up outside of Target camped out for the release tomorrow. As I shopped I thought, these people are a) willing to stand in line over night and b) pay that sh*tload of money for a video game system. Now don't get my wrong, I have shelled out some cash for my iPod, but I did not, nor will I ever stand in line overnight for...really anything. Then, I started thinking about how people don't go to the doctor regularly because they don't need to, or that it's too expensive; and how people complain about how expensive medicine is, but they are willing to pay $600 bucks for something that will probably worsen their health overall. They will pay 100 something bucks for cable each month, but think it's too much to pay 100 bucks+ a month for their healthcare. It really irks me. It's your health people!!!

1 comment:

Cup-O-Noodles said...

My brother works for Target and he told me they were only getting in 10 systems and there was a line at his Target and nobody told all those people they were only getting 10 systems. Imagine being in line all night for days (as happened down here) and not getting one. Crazy!