Saturday, November 10, 2007

(Whoops missed a blog!!! SORRY)

Asian Speed Dating

On Friday my friend invited me to go speed dating with her. Her friend could get us in for free so I agreed to go since I have been curious about speed dating. Now mind you, Asian males don't really like me so I stayed away from them. So really the only reason why I went was because it was free. I'm not sure how other speed dating experiences go, but this is my experience.

Hunting Season: It seems that not alot of girls showed up, so there were a number of guys waiting to see if they could get into the pool. It felt like hunting season while waiting for the thing to start. We were approached multiple times. This is where I also found out that I don't like hearing other people's bullshit trying to flaunt their money or whatever. This one guy was like: "There's a bottle of Cognac that's in a really pretty bottle. It's hand made and ornate. If you drink the last shot out of the bottle you get the whole thing. The shots are 200 bucks each, so I bought it for the bottle. I didn't take the shot.".....YOU'RE A TOOL! Don't get me started on the dude that claimed he was a doctor. LAME.

Timing: It started 45 minutes late. I don't think the coordinators were actually timing each date because my dates lasted anywhere from 4 minutes to 10. In addition to that they cut the dates short so we only saw 12 people instead of the full 14. It also did not help that I had to be somewhere at 9. I didn't get out until 930.

Really you want me to repeat my life history AGAIN?: I think this one speaks for itself. It's freaking exhausting telling your story and then hearing about someone else's and really trying to act interested. It was just too many people at once and there's no way you can figure out who you're interested in. You CAN find out who you do NOT want to see ever again. My strategy was to ask age and location right off the bat because it's important to me. Is it going to make me totally shut off if you say you're 38? No, I'm still going to listen to you. This one guy was totally upset that I asked age(obviously older). He said I'd judge him differently if I knew his age. WRONG. You know why I judged him differently? Because he was an ass when I asked him his age. Get over yourself!!!

Needless to say it wasn't exactly a positive experience for me. Honestly I would have rather gone to the Sushi Party my coworkers through and then go out dancing. At least I didn't have to pay. Would I ever do it again? Maybe if it were a smaller group like 7 people and if there were more of a mix of people.

No comments: