Monday, November 12, 2007

Interviewing Season/Change

The season has started for applicants to come interview at our program. Today I started my Sports Medicine rotation so I had free time to volunteer. I gave them a tour of our hospital, which sounds simple enough, but you have to keep talking and sometimes I just like to walk. Afterwards, I took them to lunch with 3 other residents; one 3rd year, one 2nd year and two of us interns. I was really trying to think of what I thought was important at the time when I interviewed. I hope I wasn't rambling. I was trying to give them as much information about the program as I could. I guess I could have given them more advice about interviewing in general and how to make the decision of what program to rank.

I can't believe it's been a whole year since I was interviewing and applying. I remember that time to be very nerve wracking and draining. I was scared I wouldn't get into a program or have to move far away. I also remember crying for no apparent reason the next day as I drove to work. It's weird how life's transitions affect you so much and once it happens, your life just seems to adjust to the change and you get comfortable again.

I went to get my hair dyed the other day, and my hairdresser was like, "Let me guess, you don't do well with change." I guess I was freaking out about it. (Un)fortunately the dye didn't take very well, so I have to go back. I still want the change, but of course am scared. :)

2 comments:

Darth said...

did you bleach your hair like i tried in college?

Hedwig said...

no i did not. i'm going back sometime this week to get it redone for free 99. :)