Thursday, February 21, 2008

Vegas 2008: Off the Strip

After testing out multiple photo servicers online, I finally decided on Picasa for my Vegas album. It does everything I want and it's easy to use. AND it has this nifty little thing where I can embed a slideshow in a blog.



The reason for my trip to Vegas was because I was on vacation and I've always wanted to see a show. I decided to take my family and go see KA at the MGM. Three weeks before my trip, I found out my friend Sheila from Chicago was ALSO going to be on vacation at the same time! So I booked the room and she booked her flight.

Our first night we all ate Dinner at Nora's Cuisine off the strip. My friend had had her rehearsal dinner there and I thought it was one of the best itialian food I've tasted. Afterwards, we headed over to the Orleans to watch Step Up 2 the Streets, which was actually better than what I had expected. Sheila and I shared some coffee while my mom played the slots. She won 100 bucks! SWEET.

The next morning, I woke up at 5am thanks to the construction outside of our hotel room! I moved into the living room where Sheila was sleeping and slept for the rest of the morning. My mom wanted to go to Chinatown for Boba because we had seen a lady drinking Boba the night before. So we headed over to Chinatown, again, off the strip and had some fantastic DimSum. Since we were stuffed, we decided to walk it off and shop at the nearby center. There, we found Boba and good deals on cheap jewelry. We stopped off at Rio because my mom wanted to shop at this store there. While we were there she suggested we catch the "Show in the Sky" which was supposed to start in 30 minutes. Hmmm what could we do while we waited? We played the slots of course! And THANK goodness we did! I won 450 bucks!



We headed back to the hotel for a much needed nap and got ready for KA. The show was amazing. The technology was as impressive as all the gymnastic tricks that were performed. Back at the hotel, we ate the leftover italian food and called it a night. The next morning we ate at Paris buffet and took Sheila to the airport. Good times.

On our ride home there was heavy rain and heavy sunshine at random times. Very interesting drive. It definitely kept me on my toes. What a great way to start off my vacation!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KICK IT TO ME RAW BASS!!!! haha, that was such a great trip, I miss you already! the food was awesome, we literally ate our way through vegas! I got to San Jose and ate Kettle Corn for dinner... yum yum! great times honey, we so did the bonding!

Grace said...

i'm digging sheila's haircut!